Dear friends and colleagues,
On 6th March, 2018, the (ISC)2 Swiss Chapter members joined in University of Bern for the 2018 General Assembly.
The assembly voted for the new board, elected president for year 2018 is John Alexakis, IT Service & Product Manager by UBS.
New board is composed as follows:
- John Alexakis, President
- Erich Vogt, Treasurer
- Enrico Fontan, Secretary
- Mikhail Tisov, Membership Chair and Representative for Zurich
- Erich Hayek, Safe and Secure Online Lead and Representative for Swiss Romande
- Jeff Hunter, Marketing Support
As last year members Sandro Cadosch is confirmed for the ISC2 Swiss Chapter Auditor role. You can see the composition of our new board here https://isc2-switzerland.ch/board/
The General Assembly opened with a big thanks and applause to stepping out president Kelly Richdale leading the Swiss Chapter since 2015. She has in the last months started a new challenge in the Innovation Council of Innosuisse, the federal organisation charged with promoting science based innovation in Switzerland.
Members thanked also Cristian Dumitrescu and Andrey Mityukov, board members that helped the organization in 2017 and that are now leaving the board.
During the meeting, chapter members had the opportunity to review activities performed last year and to receive an overview on the approved the financial statement and Audit report for the year 2017.
We would like to mention that the General Assembly allowed for the first time remote participation via Webinar platform. Main goal of the platform is to offer the opportunity to more Chapter members to see and participate to other upcoming events.
The participants proposed and voted the following challenging goals for the year 2018:
- Review existing Bylaws and suggest necessary amendments
- Investigate the possibility to translate Safe and Secure Online material (initially in German) and prepare cost estimation
- Implement electronic voting for Chapter Members in order to approve the new bylaws, expenses for SSO material translation, and any other important decisions from now on
- Organise a local one day event after summer that will be free for Chapter Members
- Continue the collaboration with SIGS and investigate possible synergies with Swiss CyberSecurity
We would like to thank you for your participation and we hope to see you soon during the next upcoming events!
The Board of (ISC)2 Chapter Switzerland
John, Erich, Enrico, Mikhail, Erich and Jeff